Sunday, December 19, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I love gifts. I love getting them and I especially love giving them. I like to think that I've been on fire this year with my (online) shopping. I also happened to pick up some things for myself along the way. (Did you put yourself on your shopping list this year?) Here are some of my favorite purchases I've recently made:

Sorel Boots
In the last post I mentioned this crazy blizzard we had last week and my three treacherous walks with the dogs. Well, besides the sideways-blowing snow, the 45 MPH winds, and the ice-encrusted sidewalks, what made my walks so treacherous were my gosh darn Ugg boots. As anyone who has ever tried to stay vertical while wearing these in a snowstorm knows, they're so slippery! So I jumped online last weekend and ordered myself a pair of Sorels. They arrived this week and I am OBSESSED! If you need boots that are super light, super non-slip, super cute, and super warm you’ve got to get yourself a pair of these bad boys. Oh, and unlike when we were five and they were purely functional, they're stylish now to boot (hehe). Check out the adorable pair that I'm sporting now:
Starbucks Christmas Blend
I used to be a Starbucks girl (Venti nonfat misto, please!) But lately, I prefer making my own at home. During a recent stop into my local joint, I asked the friendly barista what kind of bean he recommends for someone who likes a nutty flavor. He suggested the Christmas Blend. Whether he gets bonus points (or dollars) for encouraging me to shell out for a seasonal bean is of no consequence to me--his recommendation was spot on. It's rich (but not too bitter), smooth, and, yes, nutty. I'm thinking about stocking up on the blend to last me through the other 40 weeks of the year.

Brendan James
A Facebook friend recently posted a video by this singer and I was immediately hooked. His lyrics are packed with emotion, he's a mean piano player, and he's really cute. What more could you ask for? So I promptly bought all of his albums on iTunes. Check out the new video on his website and you may just do the same:



No comments:

Post a Comment